1. Some words, when followed by a colon, have special meanings to yahoo. What is perfermed by the link:Operator?
a. it shows all the outbound links from the url
b. It shows how many pages of the site yahoo is pointing to
c. It shows all the pages that point to that url (ans)
d. It show url's with broken links
2. Which blackhat Seo techniques is characterized by a method to decieve search engine, by detecting the search engine bot and "feeding" it with a different HTML code than the HTML actually served to users?
3. Why is it bad idea from SEO perspective to host free articles and write ups that are very common on the internet?
a.Because they will not lead to fresh traffic
b.Because you could be penalize by search engine for using duplicate contents (ans)
c.Because you will not get the benefits of proper keyword targeting
d.because people could turn up claiming copyright infirigement
4. What will happen if you type the word 'Certification-Networking' in the google search box?
a.Google will find the web pages about "certification" and also containing the word "networking"
b.Google will find ALL the web pages containing the word word "Certification" and "Networking"
c.*Google will find ALL the web pages in which the words "Certification" and "Networking" appear together. (ans)
d.Google will find the web pages about Certification that do not contain the word Networking
5. Which of the following factors does google take into account while accessing whether or not a website is an authority website?
a. The frequency with which the contents of the website is updated
b. the number of web pages containing relevant information on the main theme of the website
c.*The number of in-bound natural links related to the website's theme (or keywords) (ans)
d. None of the above
6. What is keyword density?
a.The number of times the keyword is used / (divided by) the total word count on page - (minus) the total words in HTML on the page
b.The number of times the keyword is used x (multiply by) the total word count on page.
c.The number of times the keyword is used in the page description
d.The number of times the keyword is used in the page title
e*The number of times the keyword is used / (divided by) the total word count on the page. (ans)
7. Which of the following statement about FFA pages are true?
a.They are greatly beneficial to SEO
b.They are also called Link Farms (ans)
c.They are Paid Listings
d*They contain numerous inbound links
8. What is the illegal act of copying of a page by unauthorized parties in order to filter off traffic to another site called?
d* Page Jacking (ans)
9. What is the most likely time period required for getting a google page ranking?
b. 3 weeks
c. 1 month
d.* More than 3 months (ans)
10. Which of the following can be termed as a good keyword selection and placement strategies?
a* Targeting synonyms of the main keyword (ans) A & D
b.Targeting the highest searched keywords only
c.Copying competitor keywords
d.Optimizing 5 or more keywords per page (check) (ans)*